As a homeowner who lives in a harsh environment, you may wish to choose a specialty roof for its unique appearance or the performance specifications it offers.
THE BENEFITS OF METAL ROOFS
Many benefits are provided by metal roofs, such as:
- Longevity: Metal roofs may endure anywhere from 40 to 70 years, depending on the material.
- Durability: Wind gusts of up to 140 miles per hour can damage some metal roofs. They can be dent resistant depending on the gauge of the panels. The majority of panels come with a rust-resistant coating.
- Safety: During a wildfire or a lightning strike, metal roofs will not spark and flare into flames.
- Energy Efficiency: Metal roofs reflect solar radiant heat, lowering cooling expenses by 10% to 25%.
- Environmentally Friendly: At the conclusion of their life as a roof, metal panels are 100% recyclable. The majority of shingle tear-off garbage, on the other hand, winds up in the building-related waste stream, amounting to up to 20 billion pounds each year.
- Snow and Ice: Compared to an asphalt shingle roof, they are more likely to fall off.
Pros of Standing Seams:
- There are no exposed fasteners.
- Because there are no fasteners in the way, the snow is more likely to fall off. This allows for thermal movement.
- Longer lifespan
Cons of a Standing Seam:
- Install times are longer.
- 5/12 steep slope needed at a higher cost
Pros of Pro Panel:
- Panels that are wider
- Installation time is reduced.
- Economical is an excellent performer.
- There will be no seaming.
Cons of Pro Panel:
- There are numerous roof penetrations.
- Removing the fastener
- UV deterioration
- Installation of fasteners incorrectly
- A less slick appearance
- 3/12 a difficult requirement
ASPHALT SPECIALTY SHINGLES
Because customized shingles aren't common, you'll notice the roof if you come across one. The average specialty shingle is covered by a 50-year to a LIFETIME warranty. These patterns will give your investment a one-of-a-kind look for many years.
If you're thinking about using a heavier asphalt shingle, these designs are a must.
40 Year Shingle
WOOD SHAKE AND WOOD SHINGLES
Wood shake/shingles installed by Providence Construction Group have the added benefit of being fire-resistant. Wood shake roofs are remarkably durable in the face of intense weather, and the average shake is thicker than metal or asphalt shingle roofing. Wood shakes are still popular among homeowners who like a rustic, handcrafted appeal. The enhanced authenticity benefits homes with historic or unusual architectural designs.
Going synthetic has additional advantages, such as improved impact resistance. You can literally pound a hammer into the shingle without hurting it, making it almost storm-proof. The shake look can be achieved without posing a fire hazard. The fact that most synthetic shingles come with a lifetime limited warranty adds to their appeal, just as the designs. The most common synthetic shingles installed by Providence Construction Group are DaVinci and F-wave shingles, which come in a variety of colors and shapes.
A Metal Steel Roof, unlike asphalt, will not wind up in a landfill; instead, these two types of metal shingle roofs are designed to endure a lifetime. Metal shingle roofs can be dismantled so that every single piece can be recycled or melted down to create a new roof. You can choose from two patterns, a variety of finishes, and even bespoke sizes to suit your needs.