Over the years, Asphalt Shingles have shown to be an excellent product with high-quality requirements.
Adaptability to extreme weather.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE IT?
- Solar Reflecting: Shingles have a better reflective surface, they assist minimize air conditioning expenditures in hot weather.
- Wind Damage: The resistance to wind damage of asphalt shingles varies. Shingles with the strongest fastener pull-through resistance and self-seal adhesive bond strength, correctly fastened, will withstand wind damage from gusts of up to 130 mph (MPH).
- Hail Storms: Asphalt shingles may be damaged by hail storms. UL 2218 Class 4 is the best for impact resistance. This enhances the likelihood of surviving hail storms with a diameter of 2 inches. This shingle may also help you save money on your insurance premiums. "Inquire with your insurance company for further information."
- Fire Resistance: Roofs are at risk of catching fire due to forest fires and other outdoor fires. Based on UL 790 and ASTM E 108 testing, fiberglass shingles have a greater class A flame spread rating. Organic shingles are classified as class C.
- Algae Resistance: Although Algae is not supposed to induce harm to asphalt shingles, it may be unsightly. To minimize discoloration from algae development on the roof, shingle producers utilize a variety of treatment procedures.
- Simpler Installation: Straight cuts are used in the manufacturing of architectural asphalt shingles so that they may be installed neatly next to each other.
- Durability: Shingle durability is measured in terms of warranty life, which can range from 25 years to a lifetime.
OWEN CORNING DURATION SHINGLE COLOR CHART